By protecting and improving our environment, the communities where we do business and the students we serve, Sodexo makes every day a better day and every tomorrow a better tomorrow.

Frequently Asked Questions

Do I need to buy a meal plan?

All first-year students and students living in Wallace or McConnell must have a meal plan. Sophomores, juniors, seniors, and graduate students living in a Living Learning Community (LLC) are not required to purchase a meal plan, but may choose to do so.

If you area  first year student living in Upham LLC or the College of Natural Resources (CNR) LLC, you are required to purchase one of the resident meal plans (The Vandal, The Pride, or one of 3 Silver plans).

Any non-resident student, faculty, or staff member of University of Idaho is allowed to purchase a dining plan if they wish.

How do I buy a meal plan?

If you live in one of the Residence Halls,you will select a meal plan when you fill out your room reservation or renewal application. For questions about room reservations, contact the Housing Department

If you are a commuter student living off-campus, a student in greek housing, or a faculty or staff member, you can purchase plans using the Vandals Dining Website

Can I change my meal plan?

Yes!  You may decrease your meal plan during the first two weeks of the semester. You can increase your plan at any time during the semester. To change your plan, please visit or send an email to the Vandal Card Office in the Student Union Building.

Where can I use my meal plan?

Meal swipes can be used at The Hub, located in the Wallace Complex. You can use Dining Dollars at any dining location on campus, including The Grid, Joe's Cheesy Grill, Mein Bowl, Chick-fil-A, Subconnection, The Grid at The Commons, Einstein's Bagels, The Fishbowl, and Stovers.

Can I use my meal plan to feed other people?

Yes, you can use your meal plan to feed other people under the following circumstances.

You can use Dining Dollars to purchase meals at any time in The Hub or at any retail campus dining location. 

You can use a Block Meal swipe to feed a guest. You cannot use Unlimited meal swipes or weekly meals to purchase food for guests at The Hub.

NOTE: The Vandal Card holder must be present when using their card for others.

What are prices at The Hub?

Any student, guest, faculty or staff member can purchase a meal in The Hub. 

Breakfast:  $7.50

Lunch:  $9.00

Dinner:  $10.00

What is the starting day for weekly meal blocks?

All meals reset Monday morning at 12:01 a.m. each week. Unused meals do not roll over.

Does my meal plan carry over from one semester to the next?

Meal plans expire on the last day of each semester. Dining Dollars expire at the end of each semester (next expiration is noon on May 12, 2018).  Block and Weekly meal swipes do not carry into the next semester.

Can I add more Dining Dollars to my account?

Yes, you can add more Dining Dollars to your account any time during the semester using the Vandals Dining Website.

What do I do if I lose my Vandal Card?

If you Vandal Card is ever lost or stolen, contact the Vandal Card Office immediately at 208-885-9289 to report your missing card.

What is available for my special dietary needs?

We want you to eat well on campus. The Hub, our Resident Dining Facility, as well as our numerous retail locations on campus, all offer many choices to accommodate gluten-free, vegetarian, non-dairy, nut allergies, vegan and other special dietary needs.  If you are ever uncertain about what we offer, ask our helpful and friendly staff. You can always e-mail Marissa Rudley MS, RD, LD, the Campus Dietitian, for specific nutrition counseling or call (208) 885-6717.

University of Idaho | Dining Services | 1080 w 6th St, Room 231 Moscow, ID 83843 | tel. (208) 885-6070 | Contact Us